couldn’t decide which one i liked the most (and i spent too much time on the eyes not to care about them ;v;), so i’ll leave both here :>
Okay I figured I’d do this here too: Is anyone cosplaying Nektan Whelan, canon fantroll, at ACEN on Saturday??
I was wondering because I’ll be cosplaying Mierfa, and my friend who was going to be my Nektan is pretty much confirmed as unable to go to the con anymore >:
So if you happen to be cosplaying Nektan and want someone to walk around and be cute with/maybe do a shoot with (I’ll see what I can do), I’m your girl.
EDIT: my friend is willing to offer his Nektan horns if that would be all you neeed
Let me know! (need this to be a question) ?
ah the feeling as you watch a friend descend into madness after convincing them to read homestuck
watching this happen to people doesn’t get old
step back and ask yourself: does my story have enough lesbians
the answer is no, there are never enough lesbians
i don’t draw this AU as much anymore but i still like the outfits i gave these two hehe
I made a Latula background you can tile!
You can use this as long as you credit me! >8]
Please reblog if you or any of your followers are going to Acen so this can circulate! Stuff in this post is subject to change. I will keep it up to date with accurate information so keep checking back.
Friday Homestuck Official Gathering
Saturday Homestuck Official Gathering
I (tumblr user thediagonallie aka sweetbeanpaste on the forums aka Allie) am going to be running/in charge of both events with the help of tumblr user ladysockmonkey aka Noah. I ran both meetups at Acen 2012 as designated by the Acen staff member in charge of cosplay meetups, and I will be running them again this year.
So if anyone has any questions/inquiries, I’m your girl! Don’t be afraid to get in touch with me!
AN IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE:
1. Be respectful to everybody. Respect eachother, and respect other fandoms. This is including, and ESPECIALLY the people who do not respect you. If someone is disrespectful, or rude to you for cosplaying homestuck, politely tell them that what you cosplay is your business, and no one else’s. And then walk away. Do NOT start an argument. If they give you shit, do NOT give them shit back. Just leave. If they follow you or continue to harass you, find an IRT member or other staff member. You can easily identify IRT by their vests. IRT is there to help.
2. Do not cause any blockage of con space. In general, I’ve found that the homestuck fandom is not only large, but a fandom that enjoys clumping together. We have our own space allotted for the official meetups, and it should hold all of us. However, if anyone is planning unofficial meetups or impromptu meetups just happen, make sure they are in open areas that will not block traffic. It pisses people off, and rightfully so. If IRT asks you to move, move. Do not question IRT, do not challenge IRT. Like I said, they are there to help.
3. Respect the con space. Pick up after yourself. Do not throw things or climb on things. Every year, there is some kind of large incident that the con has to pay for. 3 years ago, somebody vandalized a bathroom and ripped a urinal from the wall. 2 years ago somebody broke the dome. Last year somebody pulled a fire alarm. There has never been a “homestuck” incident. Let’s keep it that way.
4. It’s going to be LOUD. It’s going to be HECTIC. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE’LL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER.
5. I was one of the panelists for Let Me Tell You About Homestuck! 2012. However, I am not directly involved with any homestuck panels for Acen 2013. If you are running a panel, let me know and I will add your information to this post.
6. DO NOT SHOW UP EARLY
LAST YEAR WE HAD PEOPLE MASSING AROUND THE LOADING DOCKS AS SOON AS 45 MINUTES BEFORE OUT ALLOTTED TIME SLOT. THIS CAUSED HUGE PROBLEMS FOR MYSELF, THE CON STAFF, AND THE OTHER MEETUP GROUPS. WE ARE NOT THE ONLY FANDOM USING THIS SPACE.
In addition to this, we cannot and will not run overtime this year because the Doctor Who meetup is scheduled to use the Loading Docks directly after us on both days. We’re going to respect that.
tbh I will probably end up missing both meetups cuz lol graduation on saturday morning and then having to wait in line for a badge when i actually get there like 3 hours later soooo